Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Sustainable community peer reviews

Yesterday I broke all the border blocks, and let the class explore the entire community. They were extremely impressed with what they had created together! Here are a sampling of the peer and self reviews they wrote-

Farm Review
I really like the farm in our minecraft community. The structure and design was cool. It looks like they really took time and effort to build it. Also, i liked the horses with blue armor. However, I wish the farm had doors or entrances to get into the animal pens. Overall, the farm was cool and neat.
Self Assessment
I think my group building the water park went great. We didn’t have any major issues during the building process. I built the water slides, stairs, and the lazy river. Jon and Alex built the pools, fountains, entrance, and front check-in offices. Jon also built the porta-potties and food stand. Justin helped us all with whatever we needed help with. I am especially proud with how my waterslides came out. If I could change something it would be the flow of the water in the slides.

House Review
My Review is on Simon N’s house. There were many great things about it. One of them is that he had a great garage and car idea. The house also had many aesthetically appealing features in the house such as plants,a pool table, and a bar. The outside had a stream, some topiary and some nice lighting.

Self Assessment
At the rec center we all worked together to build everything. The building process went fairly smooth with some occasional quarrels and some changes. I am especially proud of the lobby and food court. If we had more time I change is the outside because we do not have any sports to play outside. We could have added a soccer or football field.

House Review
I chose to review Laurens’s house because it looked like she worked hard perfecting and decorating it. Her house is extremely organized and neat. There are signs labeling certain areas in the house which i think looks professional. Her house meets the requirements of being green by including things like waterfalls and gardens of plants.
Aside from her house meeting the basic requirements it’s really creative and fun to look at in general. You can tell she put a lot of effort and time in making it appealing. I definitely recommend anyone and everyone to visit and enjoy laurens house.

GROUP STRUCTURE
Structure: Hospital

In the hospital my group and I admittedly didn't stick with our original plans but we all ended up doing what we were good at and still maintaining a fair and equal amount of work.
Lauren and Ashley both did the ceilings on every floor. I created the structures of the floors by building and shaping rooms and hall ways. Taylor decorated and made the hospital roomy and welcoming. Taylor also built hospital essentials including receptionist desks and the emergency room. Lauren and I both contributed to building outer walls.
The process of building wasn't planned but it worked well. Everyone communicated well and no conflicts occurred involving decision making. I was especially proud of the finished product of the first floor looking like a real waiting room. If i had the time id add more art.  

-Amber R

No comments:

Post a Comment