Thursday, April 23, 2015

Do we have to leave?

We, like pretty much all classes in America, are doing weeks and weeks of standardized testing right now. As a result, the bells that signal classes ending and beginning are turned off. Both yesterday and today, one of the teachers in the hallway my classroom is in, let their class go early. Yesterday, when it happened, I announced to my classes, "You have two minutes until the bell would ring, but there are kids in the hall, so you can go if you want." One kid immediately asked "Can we stay?". My reply of "yes" was met with a chorus of "I'm staying!", "Me too!" Today when I announced that they had one minute until the bell but that there were kids in the hall, they called out "Can we stay?" What could I reply but "Yes!"

Here are some pictures of what they are so excited to work on!

The very beginnings of a Hindu temple





The outside of The Church of Hallgrimur




The inside of The Church of Hallgrimur


No comments:

Post a Comment