Thursday, February 12, 2015

Guest Blogger- Mckenna

Best Class Ever!


            I tell Mrs. Stetson all of the time that I LOVE Minecraft class. It is by far the best class I have ever had. I wish that I had it like five times a day. It is fun but educational at the same time. It is like studying for a test, which would be our research, then taking the test, which would be going into minecraft and building. We got to do an awesome beginning unit where we learned the basics like how to jump, walk, and fly. We did a unit building a Medieval Village. Everyone worked together to make it look perfect. There was a group working on castles, a group on Bridges, and a group working on shops. I was one of the people who was working on shops. I built a blacksmiths shop with another student that had an iron golem. We also had a short lesson in math were we learned about volume and area. It was boring but I aced my math test. Then we did The World of Humanities. I wanted to do the medieval village scavenger hunt but two groups already had it. We ended up doing the Ancient China scavenger hunt. It was really fun. Then we got to build a scene from one of my favorite books, Bud, Not Buddy. I ended up building a library, burning it down, rebuilding it, then burning it down again. We had a lot of fire incidents. We luckily finished it without anymore and it was awesome! We are now working on a project with science. We get to be scientists and do all sorts of crazy experiments. My partner and I are doing "wolf testing." It's basically spawning an animal and making our tamed wolf attack and kill it. We are testing which animal it takes the fastest to kill. Above all I am SUPER excited for the next, and sadly last, unit. We are going to be in survival mode.
                                         
                                                            By,
                                                               Mckenna Phillips




No comments:

Post a Comment